Responsible for delivering product from plant to various locations, (plant to plant, plant to depot, plant to customer), moving racks / stacks or dollies of finished products and material handling equipment (trays, dollies, etc), loading and unloading trailers.
Calise & Sons Bakery – Lincoln, RI
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers finished goods based on established routes.
- Daily inspection of equipment in compliance with DOT regulations
- Maintains driver log in accordance with DOT regulations if truck is not GPS enabled.
- Completes Driver Trip Report and turns in daily
- Understands and practices safe driving standards
- Maintains compliance of CDL license and medical certification
- Provides random sampling of drug / alcohol testing when selected according to DOT standards
- Provides MVR status to company as required by DOT
- Unload trucks of empty trays, racks or other materials to maintain a flow of empty materials to the packaging department and to allow orderly loading of trucks
- Maintain a clean & safe work area (truck) at all times as well as maintaining all Food Plant GMP’s
- Any other associated tasks as seen necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Must be 18 years or older and sit/stand up to a maximum allowed by DOT regulations
- Move freight, stock & other materials to and from storage/production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships & containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors & other equipment
- Bend, push, pull and lift loads not to exceed 75 pounds unassisted or 150 pounds with assistance
- Some exposure to weather extremes seasonally
- Ability to work in an environment with the possibility of being exposed to flour, gluten and wheat via inhalant or food handling
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays
- May drive in traffic congestion
- Maintain a clean & safe work area (truck) as well as maintain all Food Plant GMP’s at all times.
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT DRIVING POSITION.
Required License or Certification
- Valid CDL Class A